1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ThinkPad R50e Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chinchye, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinchye

chinchye Thread Starter

Hi,
    Currently my thinkpad r50e laptop use 256k ram and I want to add another 512k ram. The problem is that I do not know what type of ram (ddr1, ddr2, etccccc..) I should buy. And I have the following questions in my mind :-
    (1) can I add 512k to my existing 256k ram. In the past I did hear people say that I have to put them in pairs, eg if I have 128k, then I need to put in 128K to the next slot, and so on.

(2) can I mix ddr1 ram with ddr2 ram.

(3) How do I know what type of ram I have in my system.

Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

PC2700 DDR SDRAM SODIMM memory is what you need. Apparently, it'll take up to 1gig in each SODIMM slot. You can have different sizes in the two slots with no issues.

BTW, I split your post, since we like to deal with queries one at a time. For a new query, don't hijack someone's thread. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice