1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ThinkPad Rescue & Recovery Not Available

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BronzeMan, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BronzeMan

BronzeMan Thread Starter

ThinkPad X61 Win XP SP 3: I cannot access the Advanced options for Rescue & Recovery that would let me delete the giant backup file clogging my C: drive. All advice received so far assumes I can find the Advanced section under Rescue & Recovery, but I cannot. No, it is not under ThinkPad Productivity Center; it is not available under All Programs. Rescue & Recovery under All Programs brings up nothing after clicked on. I have been able to configure backups to an external drive, but cannot find the options for deleting backup files on the C: drive. Thank you in advance--this has consumed many, many hours so far to no avail.

2. storage_man

storage_man

3. BronzeMan

BronzeMan Thread Starter

Thank you. Many blog responders solved their problem by going to the Advanced button in Rescue & Recovery. But my Rescue & Recovery does not even come up. When I tried to update my Rescue & Recovery, the new version downloaded, supposedly, but the install froze at 74% completion (I let it run for 5 hours). So I took the advice from one of your suggested links and ordered a recovery CD specific to my machine, but have given up on trying to fix it within Rescue & Recovery. I will remove the software from the machine and then hunt down and destroy all of its data files. Then I will use the Windows backup onto an external drive. IBM really pulled a dumb one with their Rescue & Recovery software, and the Lenovo support people blame it on the users!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/947897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice