Thinkpad sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

berntzen

Hi!
Got a strange problem, when I try to record sound on my thinkpad 560z I can't get any sound to the speakers.
(ie trying to play an MP3 while recording with the build in recorder(win2k) as soon as I hit the rec button I can't hear the MP3 any more.)

Does this make sense to anyone?

Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I don't think you can, as both devices rely on the sound card. I just tested that, and I get a 'sound card in use by another device' message.........

berntzen

Ok, might be the soundcard not supporting full duplex..

I'm trying to get Voice-over-IP to work, and when I plug in my headset the plug for the microphone doesn't work. When I do the audio check in MSNmessanger(or any other VOIP software)
it all works (microphone and speakers) using only the speaker plug.
But as soon as I make a call (hence start recording my voice) I don't get any sound trough the speakers (headset speakers).
I've tried different things that might be wrong with the connection and UDP-ports and such, but everything seems to be fine there..

Oh well, if it doesn't work it doesn't work =)

Thanks for your help!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You might check in multimedia, playback, advance and be sure you've chosen head set speakers and not the other ones.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online