1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ThinkPad T22 Battery problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chobo_t, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chobo_t

chobo_t Thread Starter

Hi,
    Sorry if someone had answered this question before but I'm new here.
    I have an IBM ThinkPad T22 and recently experienced this strange problem: The battery works alright but it doesn't charge even though the LED blinking as if it is being charged and when the system was poweroff and I unplugged the AC adapter then the LED indicating battery was still lit although it was supposed to turn off. To really turn that LED off I had to remove the battery pack. I discharged the battery completely and it's not charged any more
    (0% charged) and now I have to use my laptop as if it is a desktop (with power plugged all the time). I would be grateful if you have any suggestion since I believe that the battery is still working pretty well.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'd say the battery doesn't work alright then, and it's probably time to replace it.

3. bsfpadd

bsfpadd Guest

It is most likely the battery. You may just not think so.

4. chobo_t

chobo_t Thread Starter

But then it is strange because the battery so far has been in a very good shape. It has lost only about 10-15%of the original capacity and while the battery doesn't charge I could still work with it for about 2hours (without the adaptor plugged in of course) before it ran down completely.

5. ~Candy~

But will it charge again?

6. chobo_t

chobo_t Thread Starter

No that's the problem. More precisely, my question is whether this is the problem with the battery or with the battery controller (the yellow piece of device sitting next to the battery) because from what happened, i.e. the battery LED remains lit after the AC adaptor plugged off then it seems to be something wrong with some BIOS program controlling the power system.

7. ~Candy~

How old is the battery? They don't last forever ;)

8. chobo_t

chobo_t Thread Starter

It's less than 2 years old.

9. ~Candy~

I'd still say it's the battery.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/149955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice