1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thinkpad T40 "No Operating System Found"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by danjomod, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danjomod

danjomod Thread Starter

I have two IBM Thinkpad T40 laptops and both are coming up "No Operating System Found" when I try to boot. Everything was running fine with both machines, #1 laptop al of a sudden came up with the error when I tried to use the machine, didn't change a thing. I tried a brand new HD and tried to install Xp, says "Can't find any hard drives". Ok, I pulled the HD and put it in #2 laptop which was running fine, now same thing with #2 even with it's original drive "No oper sys found". Both HD's are recognized and work in my dell so can't be anything wrong with them. Tried a brand new HD in #1 and #2, will take the Xp CD and go as far as "No HD's found" Help!! Thanks!

2. gfne

gfne

Seems like the hard drives aren't getting power. If this were a desktop, I would say change the power supply. If your laptops aren't on batteries, and using just the AC adapter, then I would change the adapter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/962390

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice