1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Third Party Extensions in IE6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ssenauke, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssenauke

ssenauke Thread Starter

I made the mistake of cleaning up unused apps from my PC. In the process, IE6 stopped working (C++ abnormal termination error) UNLESS the Third Party Extensions tab is unchecked in Internet Options. I reinstalled IE6, but that did not fix the problem, and now I can't use valued extensions like Roboform. Is there an easy fix to this problem? Is there a way to determine what Third Party Extensions are actually still on my machine, and some way to remove offending ones and thereby possibly re-enable the ones I really still want by successfully turning this option back on?

2. 4plus2

4plus2

Im currently trying to work out which are bad third party extensions as Im sure one of them is constantly crashing my browser. So far I have figured out that the list can be viewed and items removed by using the "View Objects" button via the Temporary internet files.Settings button.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice