1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This app can't run on your PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by Meweetarded, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Meweetarded

Meweetarded Thread Starter

Hi, I'm still learning how to do things on the computer but right now I'm trying to run several games that do this but the current one I am on is Math Blasters. These games are all from around the early and mid 90's time frame. Whenever I try to run the setup I get this message.

This app can't run in your PC
    To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

I've already tried going into the search bar and typing "run programs" and tryied fixing issues using the troubleshooter but in there it only lets me try to go back to windows xp service packs and I've also tried right clicking and then clicking comparability and selecting all the versions back to windows 95 but it still pops up the above message.

Any and all help is appreciated.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't say which Windows version and bit version is running in your computer.

If those games are from the early-to-mid 90's, they're likely 16-bit or 32-bit.

----------------------------------------------------------

3. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Some games won't work on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (8.1) and now maybe Windows 10. They will only work with Windows XP or earlier versions of OS.

4. Meweetarded

Sorry, I'm running on windows 8.1 64 bit

5. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    If you were running Windows 7 or 8.1 32 bit version, you may have better luck. You could try installing VirtualBox and an earliler version of Windows.

6. Meweetarded

Thanks. I would think with the better computers get they would be able to play anything you know. Like if it's able to play a blu Ray hd dvd then why can't it play the elder scrolls arena. You know what I mean? Like being able to put a ps1 game into a ps3

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It has nothing to do with computers being better. It has to do with the Windows operating system.

Those early-to-mid 90's games were designed to run on a much older Windows operating system.

----------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice