This CPU Boots Up by itself !!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xavier57

:confused: I have built between 25 and 30 computers, and there is something new on one of them: The CPU Boots Up by itself! When I was told it was doing that, I couldn't believe it....( I built it for a friend). I took it home, and was surprised when it kept happening. I suspect that the problem is the motherboard. Motherboards, or some motherboards have some electrical charge even when turned off...looks like there is a technical problem that is making the motherboard get more juice than it is supposed to, and it causes the unexpected boot-up. Any ideas? Am I wrong?

xavier57

:) Ok, I will remove the switch connector from the motherboard and try to see what happens....Thanks! :)

PS: There may be other options depending on the BIOS, wake on modem,etc., look at ACPM power options but my bet would be Wake on LAN.

xavier57

:) I took all the components out, put them together on top of a large antistatic bag, and was able to run the computer with no problems. Then I installed another motherboard on the same case, and it started again, on and off, on and off, on and off, etc. So, the problem is the cheap case wiring. Everything is working fine on the new case... :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online