1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PBG_Fl_Native, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PBG_Fl_Native

PBG_Fl_Native Thread Starter

exclamation point at com 2 ! How do i resolve this ?
    try to update driver and it cannot update

my monitor is listed as a plug and play and it is in fact an HP Pavilion M50 ? Is there a cure

2. pehbond

pehbond

do you have any other information on teh error. doe syou have a full code for the error. you should be able to get the information by clicking on it

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, maybe if you told us what device you're truing to update? If it's the monitor drivers, I'd forget them, they're really not needed. If the monitor is listed with a code 10, try uninstalling it in Device Manager and rebooting.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Is anything even plugged into com2? What operating system?

5. bwright232

bwright232

I have a similar problem. I am running Windows XP sp2. I have an Asus P5GD2-X MB that I have just updated bios on. I am trying to get an MP3 player to be recognized by my computer. I have tried iPod AND Philips...neither will work. When I plug in to the PC I get a message that the computer sees a new hardware device, but my USB port message is that the device is not recognized. When I try and instal Hardware manually, I get the message "This device cannot start'\; code 10". I have un-installed/re-installed every usb port and driver, tried updating and rolling back, as well as uninstalling, the drivers. I bought a usb 2.0 card to make sure I had 2.0. My mouse and printer both work fine through my usb...but my mp3 and my digital camera aren't recognized! I have updated everything I can think of, and exhausted all options offered by Troubleshooting help.Any suggestions???

6. bwright232

bwright232

Anyone at home? Hello???

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice