1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This doesn't happen on Linux...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kickback999, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickback999

kickback999 Thread Starter

My dad is getting the same problem on his pc that made me delete my Windows install completely.

When he runs apps that use openGL like the RTCW game, it keeps freezing and looping part of the same sound over and over again for a few minutes. After that it either unfreezes for a minute or two, or bluescreens with some stupid error message.
    It looks a bit like this:
    Stop: 0x000000EA (0x825B0020, 0x825B85B0, 0xF8FE2CB4, 0x00000001)

As I said this has happened on 2 different pc's with 2 different nvidia cards 4200ti on this one, 6600gt on the other. Only with Winxp on though, Linux works (as always) perfectly, even win2000 worked ok with the cards.

I have found many reports of this or similar problems and they all say "use a different driver"...
    Tried that and it still bluescreens.

Can anyone offer me some help? I am not used to having to deal with seemingly unfixable errors so I don't really know what to do.

I have tried Microsofts idea of looking on the terrible windows update thing, but the only hardware drivers they have for this pc is some sound card driver that makes the sound stop working completely (nice one M$!)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/716046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice