1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"This file has been moved" message in SharePoint file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by StoryAngel, Dec 12, 2018.

1. StoryAngel

StoryAngel Thread Starter

When opening an Excel file in a SharePoint document library, my co-worker gets the following message:
    "This file has been moved. We recommend saving it now to finish moving it." With options for Save and Later. But the file hasn't moved at all.
    It is not affecting me on my machine but does if I log in to his machine, which suggests it's something local. Any ideas? It's annoying to have to save the documents every time he opens them. Thanks!

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

It may be a permissions issue, so it would be best to speak with the person who administers the SharePoint server and have them check.

3. StoryAngel

StoryAngel Thread Starter

I'd be surprised if it's a perms issue. I logged in on my co-worker's machine as me and got the same error. I haven't tried having my co-worker log in on my machine but I'll wager it works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice