1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This game installer freezes my comp

Discussion in 'Games' started by kaizan, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaizan

kaizan Thread Starter

Hi,

This Pirate King Online installer that I recently downloaded has been giving tough time. Whenever I tried to click on it, it just hangs. I mean literally clicking. I even tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me. I use right click, the delete button, and deleting through command prompt. But it still couldn't be deleted. Any help please ?

2. Qx1

Qx1

hello there i dont know much about 'Pirate King Online installer' or the game itself but still i`ll try to help.
    -It may be that after u click it the programs seeks a lot of resources to run and perform further actions..post ur system configuration also. And aslo try to run it again after u have closed all programs (even ur antivirus) and wait for some time..also u can open the task manager nad click on performance tab to see if ur resources are really being used up or something else is the matter.(open the task manger befor starting the game/downloader)
    -maybe the program/installer u downloaded has virus/bug/trojan.
    Have u seen any other un-usual activity since u downloaded it? like ur system has become slower(while ur nor running this program) or some programs dont respond as quick as they used to be if yes then ur system might have been infected.
    -u can downoad a small n free utility called UNLOCKER and use it to see what is blocking u from deleting the files.
    -for deleting u can also try this: open task manager-->click on processes tab-->find explorer.exe--right click--end task--yes after this everything will close so dont worry about that n make sure ur not in between of something when ur doing this as u might lose unsaved work. OK after this click on the applications tab or click on the file option-->new task--->browse for that file and see if u can delete it now..whatever happens u can get ur explorer working again by typing explorer.exe in new task n press enter or u can browse explorer.exe from the same location its located in c:\windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice