1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This has me very confused

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by roho, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roho

roho Thread Starter

This morning my wife was complaining about how fast her laptop cursor was. I took it and tried to adjust the pointing system. I know it will work without the drivers that make it adjustable, thats the way it comes.. I saw a button to disable and clicked it. Now the cursor doesn't work at all unless in the safe mode. What can I do? I tried to reinstall the drivers in normal and safe mode and they want install. Thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

No hardware will work without drivers.

Make, model, and type of pointing device?

Have you tried removing the drivers in Device Manager and then rebooting?

Can you explain in detail what you did and where?

3. roho

roho Thread Starter

My laptop ois a Acer Aspire 4520 and the pointer driver is SYNAPTICS. I went to Synaptics to slow down the pointer and roll. I saw a page that said able and disable synaptics. I thought that would make it less confusing for her so I disabled it. Now I can move the mouse only in Safe Mode, but that's it. It want even take my flash drive to reinstall the driver.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you see problem devices in Device Manager?

Can you load the driver installer some other way, such as burning it to CD or emailing it to yourself and booting into Safe Mode With Networking to retrieve it and reinstall it?

Have you uninstalled Synaptics in Safe Mode?

(If you have a USB mouse, you could plug it in to use for the installation of Synaptics in normal mode.)

5. roho

roho Thread Starter

I did, I uninstalled Synaptics and it is working fine. Thanks for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice