This is a weird one

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PepperSteak2020

So I starting work for a company that use ASD. Basically they sent me the link for the program and I have to download it to my usb. If I start working for them then instead of logging into My windows 10 I’ll be logging into the asd. It’s like a whole desktop of its own. anyways, it works fine loading it up but it’s like my internet does not want to connect. here is the weird part, there are no settings or WiFi settings or any settings of any kind. The only thing i get is network not found when i load the browser called Nightly. I also was told to buy a Ethernet adapter which I have tried to use but did not work. So that something I don’t mind trying out again if someone knows how to correctly use it. I’ve tried to fix this on my own but I can’t help thinking there is something else I’m missing. when I load into the asd the background reminds me of Ubuntu. I’ve never used Ubuntu but I’ve seen it around. I also used the browser called chromium and still no internet. I’ve posted some images below to show whoever can help me with the issue. If any other images please let me know I’m
Here for whatever you me to do, I’m pretty good at finding things in my computer but kinda dumb when it comes to understanding those things.
Also my internet on windows 10 OS works perfectly fine.

Also, I build this computer im working from. I’ll let you know the specs

windows 10 Home 64-bit
Bios 02/23/18
Motherboard Asrock B250M-HDV Socket LGA 1151
Intel i3-6100 cpu 3.70GHZ
12gb ram
Nvidia GeForce Gt 1030
Ssd 160 gb
Hard Drive 500gb
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't know what ASD is. Have you spoken to their IT support to have them troubleshoot this ASD? Sounds specific to them.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
ASD seems to a version of Android, if you post the link I'll download it and see if I can figure out why you can't connect to the Internet.

How do you connect to the Internet using Windows, wired or wireless ?

PepperSteak2020

ASD seems to a version of Android, if you post the link I'll download it and see if I can figure out why you can't connect to the Internet.

How do you connect to the Internet using Windows, wired or wireless ?
Thank you for getting back to me. And yes I did contact there tech people and they said it was no compatible yet I don’t believe this to be true. They really didn’t check check the issue and they don’t seem like professionals to T since they had to hop me through different techs

My computer is hardwired in and my other devices go wireless.

PepperSteak2020

See I’m not entirely sure if I’m allowed to give out this link, there are a lot of red warning marks during the download process and I don’t want you to get in trouble because of my mistake. All I know is when you download the program is has to be either 8gb or 16gb usb drive. Nothing bigger then that will work. I thought maybe there was a setting or something in my connection in my windows 10 I need to change but I’m not sure.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm guessing that the issue is the OS is not getting any network information... but I don't use Linux-based OSes so I can't assist too much.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I understand if you don't want to risk posting their link to ASD. I can't find much about ASD online though so I can't try it myself.

I think you need an ASD compatible driver for your network card, you can find out what card you have in Windows Device Manager under Network Adapters. I think the Usb adapter has the same problem - no driver. Your best bet would be their IT people now.

Windows 10 settings will have no effect when running ASD.

PepperSteak2020

image.jpg I remember him saying something about updating network card but wouldn’t that mean replacing the entire computer? Thank so much for help me with this. I wanted to get a second opinion that’s why I’m here lol

Also this is what I found in my network adapter

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well you showed a picture of an USB Ethernet adapter. If you were using that instead of the Intel one (which is onboard your computer) then that may be why. Can you confirm which port you used for the Ethernet connection?

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did some checking around. It appears you are using the Arise Secure Desktop. This setup is similar to a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure). It's a separate OS/environment which has been locked down. This is done to secure what ever you may be working on in that environment. It's the proverbial secure sand box.

Here is their website:

https://www.arise.com/why-arise/security

Per the description, all USB devices are locked out of the secure desktop environment. Which explains why your USB Ethernet adapter will not work. This lock down is not unusual as many environments do not want people plugging in USB drives which can contain malware/viruses or to extract data out of the secure environment.

If all of your network devices are USB based, you'll need to purchase a system which has an Ethernet port built in to it. There's no other choice.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did some checking around. It appears you are using the Arise Secure Desktop. This setup is similar to a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure). It's a separate OS/environment which has been locked down. This is done to secure what ever you may be working on in that environment. It's the proverbial secure sand box.

Here is their website:

https://www.arise.com/why-arise/security

Per the description, all USB devices are locked out of the secure desktop environment. Which explains why your USB Ethernet adapter will not work. This lock down is not unusual as many environments do not want people plugging in USB drives which can contain malware/viruses or to extract data out of the secure environment.

If all of your network devices are USB based, you'll need to purchase a system which has an Ethernet port built in to it. There's no other choice.
That would make sense about the USB Network Device. The OP will have to use the integrated Intel Ethernet adapter.

PepperSteak2020

That would make sense about the USB Network Device. The OP will have to use the integrated Intel Ethernet adapter.

Could you guys dumb it down a little. Even when I had access to the program i still had internet problems. Right now I’m using the Ethernet cable from my modem straight into my computer? The Ethernet cable I took a picture of is just something I was told to try in order to fix the issue. It did not work

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
With the Ethernet cable plugged directly into your computer, are you able to get Internet connectivity in the ASD environment?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online