1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This is driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Games' started by dawgoner, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dawgoner

dawgoner Thread Starter

Hi, Since I replaced the nic card on my computer, I cannot longer play certain games on Pogo.com. I have never had this problem before and its driving me crazy.

I can play games like Word Whomp, and Bookworm, but if I want to play Chess or Dominoes, the computer freezes solid and I have to re-boot. It lets me open the windows and choose a table, but when I click on "Okay" that's when it freezes. I have disabled the Pop-up stopper, but it does the same. I have tried playing from Firefox, but there's no change. What went wrong?

Pogo is the only site that I know of where they let you set up a private room, and since I play games against my young grandson, I like that feature a lot.

Has anyone in here experience anything like this, and how was it fixed?

Thank you in advance,

Annie

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Try clearing out your temporary internet files.

Or delete the game applets.
    From Pogo Help:

Open Internet Explorer (even if you normally use the AOL or MSN browser)
    Go to the 'Tools' menu in Internet Explorer
    Choose 'Internet Options'
    In the middle of the Internet Options window, look for the 'settings' button in the middle, under 'Temporary Internet Files'
    On the Settings screen, click the 'View Objects' Tab. This is where your browser stores the actual game applet.
    Look for any files in the list that are Pogo games. Things like 'PopFu by Pogo', 'Freecell by Pogo' and so on, and delete those.
    Click 'Yes' to confirm the deletion of each file.

If none of these help, it may be a Java issue.

3. dawgoner

dawgoner Thread Starter

Thank you Cheeseball81, I did everything that you suggested, but nothing worked, so I clicked on the Java icon in control panel and this is what it showed. So it might very well be a Java problem. But how do I fix it?

Attached Files:

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Try Cheeseball's instructions first. He knows more about pogo than I do. Plus he beat me.

7. dawgoner

dawgoner Thread Starter

Thank you both. I download the upgrade from Pogo but the computer still freezes while the game is loading. I appreciate your help, but is getting late and I am too sleepy to think strait. Maybe in a day or two I'll give it another try. Thanks a lot..you guys are great!

Annie

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice