Tech Support Guy banner

This is great

2K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  BTex 
G
#1 ·
I wanted to say that I really love this site. This is the most helpful and imformative tech forum I have vistited. Plus it's hassle free. The guys over at Experts-Exchange use a stupid point system which I don't really care for.

Keep up the good work!

#8 ·
Originally posted by Endemix:
The sadest part is that it doesn't matter how much money I give you, your last post will never go away and I will have to continuously have to look at it until this thread is dead.
The site is not mine and I get no money but like to joke around. :D

The last post you are talking about will go away if I delete it. :)

#9 ·
#11 ·
Got a bit lost there, hewee, when you posted that Quote :D

Anyway, I do understand what you mean about EE, though Endemix

If you ask a question, you have to Grade it, then allocate the points to who you want, etc. Not a simple "ask for help, and it arrives" :)

eddie

G
#14 ·
I also was saying hi..in my anxious yet, very desperate way.

Also, I'd like to say I'm quite the newbie. Actually, right now I'm sitting in my Internet Programming class and just finished my database programming class.

Also, being young but curious I was the ten year old kid who use to spend hours with DOS...screwing with my machine, fixing it...so I do have some background from old to new but nothing as solid as you guys.

#15 ·
We're all beginners here, Endemix, in one way or another. Some of us provide help in almost every aspect of computing, while others tend more to our humors and spirits.

I started messing around with my first computer around 1985, and owned my first one around 1992.

I have still learned more form this site than anywhere else.

Welcome!!;):D

#17 ·
Hey great then you know more then I do and that is good. :D

Yea my old tandy 1000 was not much of a PC but it ran from the floppy and 256K of memory. I used the TV as the monitor.
Was fun and I had backups of all the floppies so if I did and thing bad I just shut down and start back up with the good floppy.
So it was great in that I could fix and boo boo very easy by restarting the PC.

Well I could do the same if I copies of my hard drive but it would not be as fast and easy because there is so much more on the hard drive.

G
#19 ·
It might be fast if you have two hard drives--one with an image of your current...something messed up on c.....shut down....and then change the jumper and boom...complelely fixed

...well you get the idea

#20 ·
Originally posted by Endemix:
It might be fast if you have two hard drives--one with an image of your current...something messed up on c.....shut down....and then change the jumper and boom...complelely fixed

...well you get the idea
I know that but it is not as fast and easy as it was back then. But look back and the PC did not do much of anything either,

Got to love my newer PC with lots of hard drive and memory.

Too bad I could not upgrade myself as easy as my PC. :D

G
#23 ·
Sure thing. Often you will see my name in the Software and Hardware section with some kind of solution..but when it comes to operating systems, you will most likely see my name with a question following.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.