1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This is interesting.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bizziebill, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bizziebill

bizziebill Thread Starter

2. Kitch

Kitch

Looks like adware to me.

3. happyrck

happyrck

4. DrP

DrP

If you examine which 100 search engines it uses, most of them are pretty obscure. It's misleading too. It claims Google only uses 1 search engine, which is true, yet it counts every sub-search of Google known to man as part of its search engine count. Also, many of the other search engines are in different languages! As happyrck says, what is the point? It'll probably just give you more rubbish.

5. bizziebill

bizziebill Thread Starter

Just wanted some in put to see if it would be worth downloading.

6. blacktopaz2

blacktopaz2

First Name:
    Doris
    I have been using Advanced Searchbar for about a year now and I love it. It is not spyware or adware. It had no adverse effects what-so-ever, I use it with both XP and Win98.

7. happyrck

happyrck

heres the test for your search engine...pick any word or 2 or phrase...put it in google and do the search...then look for this "Results 1 - 10 of about 639,000,000 for weight [definition]. (0.14 seconds) ...check out the results time 0.14 seconds...now put the same words in your search engine ...do a search...1 see how long it takes...2 see if it includes paid advertisers...google does but it puts them on the right side and they are marked as paid..if you do the same search using yahoo you will find on the first page a bunch of crap that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR..but yahoo has been paid to include them..run the same tests on any search engine you choose and I'll put money on google to be faster and with more relevant results than any other search engine bar none...

AND GOOGLE USES NONE OF YOUR SYSTEM RESOURCES PERIOD

8. conan007

conan007

use google all the time.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/472884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice