This is wierd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Reiben45th

If someone could please help me I would greatley appreciate it. One of my family members recently accepted an MSN messenger worm, and my coputer has been doing wierd things. When i booted my computer up it would start fine and everything, but there were always 2 error boxes. One said MSO97.dll was not found, and the other said that there was a corrupt file and it couldnt be opened. I figured the two went hand in hand with the worm that came from messenger. So i found how to get rid of the virus, and the message box about there being a "corrupt file that could not be open" went away, but the "MSO97 file not being found" box continues to pop up when i boot up. I dont know why it cant be found. I just installed Windows ME yesterday, but it has been doing this for at least a week. Ive had one or two lock ups where the mouse wont work but the keyboard still does, in the last couple of days. If anyone could explain what is wrong i would greatley appreciate it. Thanx.

P.S. again that file that it says can be found is "MSO97.DLL"

Don't know if this is much help but that appears to be a microsoft office dll, you could try reinstalling office if you have it on your machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online