1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This one has been VERY difficult to nail down.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by msonberg, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. msonberg

msonberg Thread Starter

Here's the info:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0x00000005,0x806023DF, 0xF495391C, 0x00000000)

Does this info actually help me?

So far I've tried:

Checking system temps/fan speeds (they're all well below the thresholds).
    Running utilities to check my HD's (they both tested o.k., but in my event log I see lots of Bad Block on disc1 listings)
    Installed brand new RAM
    Updated my BIOS

I don't know what else to do here? Can anyone give me some direction?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

What are you doing when this happens? What applications are running?

3. snappy_31

snappy_31

OK Stop errors are usually memory related most times .. Here's what I did to fix mine.

After BIOS updates the BIOS is reset to default on most machines .. I had to go in and adjust the memory speed to auto instead of 400 .. This way the MB can peak it when needed instead of hitting any caps .. On my MB it was a setting to Turbo that set the Ram speed to Auto .. Also make sure the latest and greatest drivers are instaled for the Video card and your AGP speed matches what the card & MB can handle

Peter

4. snappy_31

snappy_31

Furthur on this my PC used to reboot itself 2 times a day .. I am happy to say that I haven't needed to reboot 1 month since .. sorry the last windows update did require a reboot hat was like just over a week ago
    Peter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice