1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This one is a challenge

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by onedavester, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onedavester

onedavester Thread Starter

For the right person.....

I want to have the ability to have a couple of people post announcements during emergencies such as weather outages, etc. on the home page of my website. I want to accomplish this by having the people log into a page that will actually post a message in a given cell or text box on my home page. Then when the emergency is over they need to be able to log back in and remove the announcement.

I know I could give them both limited FTP access but I want to try to do it this way so no one has any FTP access to my site, but can still post the announcements.

2. Stanhope

Stanhope

If you use a CMS or something this would be possible, or like if you had a forum, but this would not only a login system but also some type of built in text box thingymajig to add it.

3. dannyn

dannyn

i would use a bullitien board type of thing with a mysql database..
    like this?
    http://chyrp.net/

4. Stanhope

Stanhope

Yea, that's what I was thinking. Somthing that has support for multiple users that you can give a few editing permissions. Wordpress would work great, and it's easy to use.

5. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    I have been looking for something similar and come across lilcms which is free and will probably do what you want. The only thing that it doesn't have is a login page you just go to a url but a login page is easy enough to code.

6. onedavester

This is a existing website that I need to do this to the home page. Bulletin boards are not going to be the solution here but TY anyway.

7. onedavester

LIL CMS looks like a solution. I wil let you all know. TY

8. onedavester

I need a log in page that the users will have to go to in order to have the right to use the hidden cms page I built.

9. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice