1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

This printer stinks!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marie500, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I have an Epson Stylus c80 inkjet printer that has never given me a good color print job. Mostly I always get those vertical bands and lines running through. I know that's probably a common thing, but I've tried every utility to solve it - the head cleaning, nozzle cleaning, etc. Nothing works. This has gone on since the day I brought it home, about 2 yrs ago. I only use Epson cartridges. I've contacted Epson..they just tell me to use Epson cartridges..I tell them I DO!..they just repeat themselves..so no help there.

I researched printers pretty thoroughly and thought I was getting a great printer. Now I don't trust myself! Any recommendations for a printer that does a good, reliable color printing? I've hung in with this disaster as long as I can.

I'm NOT doing any high-quality photo-type printing at all - - I'm just talking about printing quick, small things like jewel case covers, or things I do in Paint, or small pictures from the internet. The color itself is okay, but it's the bands and lines running vertically through them that are always present and I cannot solve. That's what I want to avoid in a new printer.

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    On my third HP in about 12 or 13 years. Never had a problem with any of them. Asking why I'm on my 3rd then. Cuz they just keep getting better and the price has come way down. Shop around and you can find a decent model for a $100.00. Not like way back when my first deskjet cost $500.

3. kronus

kronus

I got a good deal on a canon i560. Great colour, fast, cheap ink cartridges.

4. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you think eopinions is a decent place to trust for printer opinions? (The reviews would be less technical, and everyone would have an opinion...too confusing to maneuver through?)

5. winbob

winbob

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If its done this since day one why did you not return it? It sounds like it has a defective printhead.

7. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I didn't realize at first it did such a bad job printing in color, I didn't use color very much at first. I'd had it for a really long time (months), by the time I called the store they wouldn't accept a return after that long. Epson pretty much said tough, too.

This model uses 4 separate cartridges - black, yellow, magenta, cyan, and I change the ink cartridges (only use Epson ink) often. I've never refilled a cartridge, just keep buying the Epsons. Running the nozzle-cleaning utility uses tons of ink, and I have to run it all the time. (I still print in color although it never turns out nice).

I do see a difference when I use better paper! but do I really have to forget using regular (like copy-quality) paper if I want to print color? Maybe the printer isn't the problem - maybe it's the paper? But gah, my regular-quality paper is affordable!

Edited to add: winbob, thank you for those links. I know I've done most of what they say, but there's got to be something I'm missing and I will keep looking at what you provided. It's almost funny, they make their printers sound like such delicate pieces of million-dollar, high-tech equipment, like they're meant for NASA use only.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/282605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice