"This site can't be reached" Error in Google Chrome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LFC-EPL-2019

I'm continuously getting this error message and cannot figure out what's causing it or how to fix it. Most of the time, it happens when I'm trying to log into a financial institution. Although, it also happens a lot when I try to log into Google Drive, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other places. I have to make multiple attempts before pages will finally load. Painful!

Attachments

Last edited:

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
What antivirus program do you have?

#YNWA

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
What browser/s do you use?

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
I think it is chrome [from the post title]
Would help if i read the title... and drank coffee... :D

Try incognito mode as well as other browsers. It seems to be a problem with HTTPS sites that I have seen before. Make sure your time / date is correct as well.

LFC-EPL-2019

Thanks for the ideas, y'all. The problem persists. Incognito doesn't help. And, I'm hesitant to switch away from Chrome. Do you think there's anything else I could try to adjust?

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
Try it in a different browser, it will tell us if it a Chrome issue or not?

LFC-EPL-2019

I installed and set up Firefox and it's still happening. Could it be an issue with my firewall or some other setting on this computer?

By the way, this isn't happening on any other computer in the house. And, we have two others on which we use Chrome. No issues whatsoever.

LFC-EPL-2019

Whenever it's taking forever for sites to load, it says "establishing secure connection ..." in the little progress bar on the lower left-hand side of the screen. Is this what is taking so long?

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
What protection programs do you have running?

First Name
Liz
Look over what processes are running in Task Manager on the "bad" computer and compare it to one of the good computers.
There may be remnants of a security program that you uninstalled that is still running and causing the problem.

Your very first screenshot shows 3 items.
Can you click on checking the proxy and firewall?
Can you click on Running Windows Network Diagnostics?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online