this spyware is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timechange01

"SpywareStrike v2.5" is an annoying spyware that I cannot remove so I come to you good fellas for some assistance

This thing is sooooooo annoying I tried uninstalling it but it keeps coming back. I got Spybot and everything and tried running it at system startup but still no luck.

-HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Any suggestion would be GREATLY appreciated

timechange01

no i didnt install it. i visited a site, then internet explorer closed itself and i was left with this annoying spyware on my comp.

To boot to safe mode, press the F8 key before Windows starts to load. Then select Safe Mode which is typically the top option.

Also, as you noticed, it is not uncommon for just one spyware removal program to be able to get rid of all of them. Haven't found a review yet that mentioned any one as being 100%effective..

Other ones you might try are:

Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoft.de/

The new one from Microsoft

Ewido
http://www.ewido.com

With any of the above programs, just like with Anti-Virus software, should have the latest updates installed before doing a scan.

You might also need to scan from them in safe mode as well.

go to start

click on run

type in msconfig

press enter

click on the tab that says startup

look for anything with the word messenger in it

and uncheck it

(the messenger is not needed and if a ad company has your ip address, they can display any message through it )

look through the services tab also, and uncheck anything with the word messenger in it

check your pm

timechange01

well thanks for all the help guys but im just gonna do a full restore. ive been planning to do it anyways but never got around to it so il be starting tonight. Again thanks for the help but I wanna start absolutely fresh :)

-Sam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online