1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

this tab has been recovered

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nurkenstien, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nurkenstien

nurkenstien Thread Starter

I am constantly getting this message " This tab has been recovered. A problem with this page caused internet explorer to close and reopen tab" I have tried clearing the add ons to no avail. On checking the net I found some suggest resetting my Internet explorer settings. Any experience of this problem and does resetting cause any headaches/ i am using a Dell 3000 with Windows XP. Am a novice at problem solving

2. raybro

raybro

I had a similar (although not identical) problem recently. There were two tabs opening when I would launch internet explorer (IE8). One was blank. What I eventually found, was the address of my home page had somehow had added to the veru end "tabs :about". Check the address of your home page in Internet Options (Tools/Internet Options/General tab).

You can always have your home page displayed in IE and simply click the Use Current button in the Internet Options/General tab. That will endsure you have the correct address.

3. nurkenstien

nurkenstien Thread Starter

Many thanks I'll give it a try ,Nurkenstien

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice