this window keeps popping up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Colesmom

I recently bought a new computer. HP Pavillion, AMD 64 Live!, with Windows Vista on it.

I am still trying to get used to it, but I do like it (esp. since my other computers are so darn slow now).

Well, for the last few days, it started acting up. It has these windows pop up...not matter where I go, or what I do...to a point that they even block me from accessing stuff.

It's just the simple window (sorry, not sure if it has a name) with like View, Sort by, Refresh, etc...on it, depending where I am at. I mean, I can turn the computer on and the window pops up. I get rid of it, it comes back over and over....

Does anyone else have this problem or know what this could be, please? Thanks.

Hi colesmum

I'm new to vista also. I found that vista is just a whole lot more secure (sometimes too secure) so it always asks if the actions that are occurring have been authorized by you the user. Also you may find many programs wont work unless you run them as the administrator. Hope this helps.

Dalds

Colesmom

Thanks for your reply.

Those security windows don't bug me that much...the windows I am referring to, are windows that pop up for no reason. I don't even need to do anything and some say "Open, find, New folder", others say "view, sort by, group by"...and they get on my nerves. I am ready to return that thing if this does not stop as those windows drive me crazy...I wonder if it's a bug, or some wrong setting or something....

Try a different mouse. It could be you have an over sensitive right or left click button or intermittent mouse wiring. The wiring going into the mouse case itself is very small and becomes broken sometimes. The mouse I now have has a somewhat sensitive R/C button.
Russ

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online