1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

this window keeps popping up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Colesmom, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Colesmom

Colesmom Thread Starter

I recently bought a new computer. HP Pavillion, AMD 64 Live!, with Windows Vista on it.

I am still trying to get used to it, but I do like it (esp. since my other computers are so darn slow now).

Well, for the last few days, it started acting up. It has these windows pop up...not matter where I go, or what I do...to a point that they even block me from accessing stuff.

It's just the simple window (sorry, not sure if it has a name) with like View, Sort by, Refresh, etc...on it, depending where I am at. I mean, I can turn the computer on and the window pops up. I get rid of it, it comes back over and over....

Does anyone else have this problem or know what this could be, please? Thanks.

2. dalds

dalds

Hi colesmum

I'm new to vista also. I found that vista is just a whole lot more secure (sometimes too secure) so it always asks if the actions that are occurring have been authorized by you the user. Also you may find many programs wont work unless you run them as the administrator. Hope this helps.

Dalds

3. Colesmom

Colesmom Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

Those security windows don't bug me that much...the windows I am referring to, are windows that pop up for no reason. I don't even need to do anything and some say "Open, find, New folder", others say "view, sort by, group by"...and they get on my nerves. I am ready to return that thing if this does not stop as those windows drive me crazy...I wonder if it's a bug, or some wrong setting or something....

4. Delta Dart

Delta Dart

Try a different mouse. It could be you have an over sensitive right or left click button or intermittent mouse wiring. The wiring going into the mouse case itself is very small and becomes broken sometimes. The mouse I now have has a somewhat sensitive R/C button.
    Russ

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice