1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thorconnwndclass

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Nourisheng, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nourisheng

Nourisheng Thread Starter

I am having problems with the above on a Windows 8 laptop with Outlook 2013. All of the classic symptoms of being able send, but not able to receive unless I restart the computer - in which case it downloads no problem!

I tried the suggested fix:

run regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll

It is coming up with :

entry-point DllRegister server was not found

Anyone got a suggestion of how to clear this out?

chris

2. hgh918

hgh918

Hi Chris..

I've come across this issue a few times, and it seems there's not a fix-all solution, rather several you may need to try..
    First, and most often successful, is running the "regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll" service. I know you said you did so, but just to clarify, did you first clear out any pending messages in OutLook?-cancel all send/receive processes, then clear your outbox. Completely close out of Outlook and open the "Run" program. (Sorry, I despise Windows 8 and have so far refused to learn diddly-squat about it, so I don't know exactly where the start menu similar to the one with 7 would be. If you just search for Run in all your programs, it will come up.) Once in Run, type in “regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll” (no quotes), and make sure there's a space after exe, like this:

regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll

Press “Enter” on your keyboard, the command will process, and if successful prompt you w/ a box stating that “dll registered successful”. Now simply to test things, get back in Outlook, and try to send an email to yourself and see if it comes up in your inbox!

If this does not work, try logging into the actual mail server as opposed to Outlook and clean things up in there--mark messages as read/delete messages/empty trash. This has also been successful in some cases.

Next, try opening outlook in safe mode (hold control key while opening outlook to select safe mode). If this is successful, lets you know this whole headache was due to inaccessible add-ins. Disable the add-ins by clicking the file button in Outlook, then options, then add-ins on the left hand side of the screen. From there, where it says "Manage COM Add-ins Go..." at the bottom of the screen, then select go and uncheck these add-ins. Close/reopen Outlook and check if this worked..

If you have any antivirus programs integrated w/ Outlook, particularly Norton, try disabling Norton's email scanner, or even uninstalling it if you've gotta backup.

Lastly, as a final resort, you can try and completely delete the email acct from Outlook, and set it up again.

Let me know which, if any, resolve your issue. Hopefully something here works for you, good luck!

-Holly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice