1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Those CD polishing kits?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by CeciliaLibra, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeciliaLibra

CeciliaLibra Thread Starter

Ok, this is may not be exactly on-topic, but I've been seeing lots of those do-it-yourself CD cleaning kits lately.

I have three kids, and over 50 educational CD's they use to death, and many of them are way beyond the fingerprints and peanut-butter stage.

I have a whole stack that no longer play because they get piled up, books get put on top of them, and they're just too scratched up.

Does anyone have any experience with these gadgets? Are they worth the $20?

There's a used CD store nearby that will buff a scratched CD and fix it up real nice, but they charge $4 a pop...

Any suggestions?

Cecilia

2. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

I have the DRrepair device...seems it was about $30.00...worth it's weight in gold...I have used to clean audio CD's and data CD's and it works great!!

The information stored on a CD is at the top, or under the label of a CD, the bottom that gets scratched is the plastic only, a good buffer restores the shine to your CD so it can be read properly.

I have cleaned game CD's that wouldn't install anymore, and had the work great after cleaning...go for it... :) Rhett

3. DiscRepair

DiscRepair

Hello, all I do is fix discs. That is all our company does. We deal with a several major accounts but I would be happy to help you. We are inexpensive $2.00 each (plus any shipping).

Hope this helps.

The Disc Repair Shop

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118860

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice