Thoughts on this laptop i'm buying?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ziggycorpse

What do you think, would it be good for playing new games?

Heres the specs,

Its a XPS dell for £569

BASE Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5750 (2.00 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache) edit

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English edit

HARDWARE SUPPORT Base Warranty - 1 Year XPS Premium Hardware Support (incl. Gaming and On-Site Support) edit

COLOUR CHOICE 2.0 mega pixel Camera & Tuxedo Black for CCFL Display edit

LCD 15.4" Widescreen™ WXGA (1280x800) TFT Display (220nits) with TrueLife™ edit

BIOMETRIC IDENTIFICATION Biometric Fingerprint Reader with BLACK accent edit

MEMORY 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024] edit

HARD DRIVE 250GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive edit

GRAPHICS CARD NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8400M GS with 128MB dedicated graphic memory edit

OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed 8x DVD+/-RW Slim Slot Load drive, including SW edit

PRIMARY BATTERY Primary 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (56 WHr)

I have almost the same Laptop from Dell Vostro Small Business division and it's awesome only I have it with XP.

It would be a bit slow to run Oblivion unless you turn the settings down, but most games would run fine on it. We tested a laptop with a GeForce 9500M graphics chip in it today, it was pretty impressive (7000 in 3DMark 2005), for a laptop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online