1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thread Stuck in Device Driver- Stop Error 0x000000ea

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 8dalejr.fan, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan Thread Starter

I was in the middle of playing The Sims 2 when all of a sudden the entire computer screen went completely black and the green monitor light was flashing on and off.

I tried to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and then I saw a whole bunch of lines (it looked like the top blue toolbar in XP that has minimize, maximize, and the X).

The computer was locked up so I had to do a hard shut down and then I rebooted.

Upon reboot, I got a "Your system has recovered from a serious error" message.

I sent the error report, and the information that it led me to was this:

The Event Viewer reported this:

As well as this:

And this:

This has never happened to me before. Could someone please help me troubleshoot & solve this problem?

And to note, the minidump mentioned in that folder above is nowhere to be found. I only have dump files from 2005.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Well the error says display driver so I would suggest trying to get a new driver for the video card and go thru the steps.

boot into safe mode and remove all of the video drivers found in device manager and save and exit out then reboot into normal windows and let windows try to re-install the driver it can and then install the newest drivers you just downloaded.

3. 8dalejr.fan

What perplexes me is that I have a whole bunch of things in my Sims 2\Logs folder that have today's date stamp on them, before the problem happened.

There are a whole bunch of missing-animation text files (empty) that were created at 12:44.

Then my infinite loop happened at 1:06:09.
    Sims 2 created an exception log and a minidump at 1:06:11.

If this was solely a video card/driver issue, would the game be creating its own error reports?!? Maybe the game did something to cause the video card to screw up?

And why isn't the Windows Minidump saved to where it's supposed to be? Another oddity.

How do I remove the video drivers seen in Device Manager? And when you say let Windows install the driver it can, do I need to have a CD on hand and ready or something for it to do that?

Is it safe to reinstall this version of video card drivers [which was fine up till today I guess] because newer versions refuse to install [they demand a motherboard driver update as well, which sounds a bit complicated]?

Thanks for your help so far. :)

4. 8dalejr.fan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!