Threads are Unread!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Thank you Mike :)

Anything concerning disabling/undoing the Mark Forums Read option? :eek:

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
You're asking for it to continue to remember which threads you haven't read, even after you've logged off (or been timed out)? If so, I'm actually working on that -- although I'll also point out that vB has always worked this way. ;)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Yay! Thank You Mike!

Let us know if you get bored we'll find more things for you to do. :p

Colorized links? I like Pink and Blue. :D

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
The downside is that every thread will appear unread -- and every forum unread -- whenever I finally switch this over. Just imagine the complaints. ;)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Wow, It will be like we had a snowfall on the board and we get to make new tracks. :p

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
That is a great way to look at it. :) I'm going to split these posts...

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Also, I think this update (when it takes place) will help a few other problems... although likely create some, too. ;)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
That was weird, my subscription ran out on this thread. :confused:

I wonder if that has been occurring with others, whose posts we have split. :eek:

How about making it so the only way threads, forums get maked as read is if we do so on are own by clicking a link. The site here never does it for us.

I now other forums are that way and it has worked great for me.
You can come here and read some of the forums and mark them as read.
Then we can leave the site and come back later and we would see all the threads, forum we have not read show up as new post still.

Or give us a option to do this or teill us just what cookie to block so we can have more control.
I would like it best if only I can mark anything as read.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I think that would be an entirely different feature than "Read" is intended to be -- it is intended to be an automatic function so that you can easily which threads you've already looked at. I, for one, don't want to have to click an extra link to tell that I've read a thread.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
I noticed this last night, using the New Posts link, after reading a thread, clicking New Posts again, the Read threads are no longer appearing until someone replies to the thread.
It is also occurring in the User Control Panel.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Isn't that the way it should be? (If you've already read a thread, it's no longer new.)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Is there an option to mark all board posts read, or is logging out the way you do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online