1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

THREAT TO TSG: When the oil stops flowing

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by firestormer, Jan 13, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. firestormer

firestormer Thread Starter

What will we do when we do when we run out of oil. we are totaly dependant upon it. its coming soon we just dont want to admit it.

FACT: More energy is used by use every second then light energy hitting the surfaceof the planet every second.

Basicly we are using energy faster then source of all energy can provide it.

THINK > NO ENERGY > NO ELECTRICITY > NO TSG!!!!!

We need a plan. We need to keep TSG going without electricity. Any ideas?:(

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Put a windmill in front of Mulder and let hot air take up the slack :D_:D

3. Bush Lady

Bush Lady

We are going to have to go back to the horse and buggy. The farmer is going to be plowing his field with the horse and plow. I guess will be using our bicycles more, and we will be walking more.

OH I'm sorry I didn't read that right. Isn't there enough wind coming down there from Canada. For a wind mill.

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

Or behind Stoner's Butt! ;)

5. Stoner

Stoner Banned

6. teengeekgrrl

teengeekgrrl

Generate electricity by enslaving a race of mutant hamsters to run on turbines. :D.:D

7. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Post #2 is the solution for the energy crisis, I think this thread should be marked solved :D

8. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

thought i heard some where more energy from the suns light radiates the earth in one day then we use in one year.

9. hewee

hewee

Well the south east always has lots of wind blowing house away so just build windmills all over the place that can stand up to the weather they have and we can get lots and lots of power.

10. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

a great alternative energy source Hewee but it is only reccomended for tinkerers because wind mill generated are very high in maintence hours for a little more price and less hassle go for solar collectors with a battery to store. and stay connected to the grid. any extra you generate will go to the power company. then the power company has to pay you:D

here is some links for people

http://shop.altenergystore.com/

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~ptt25660/tran.html

http://www.homepower.com/

it is kinda a dream of mine to have a self suffeciant house both water and energy wise

11. firestormer

I asked a Chemisty teacher when reasearching this. (We sail and the same place) He tells me that if we covered the eath in solar panels (ingnoring the fact that we wouldnt have anyware to live) we would still use more enrgy then we could gain from the sun.

but yes there are some great sources of wind about. all we have to do is drop a windmil on Bushes back lawn.

Please lets not turn this into another Bush debate despite the above comment

12. hewee

hewee

13. cnelson04

cnelson04

ok, but lets really think about it how long will it really be untill we run out of oil? because if its anytime after i'm dead, i don't think i'm going to worry about it all that much.

14. firestormer

dont they recon about 30 years.
    I hope im still aive then...

And by the way. That attitude of "oh itdosnt matter il be dead by then" is what is causing all the enviromental problems now. That is why the lead concentraion in humans in america has gone up from about 5 somthing to 125 something. (il check the fact later)

That attitude is killing the human spieces and other spicieson this planet.

Imagine if all our power had to come from enewabe sources. look at this!!!!

[​IMG]
    Worldwide

Dont just say most of the non-renewable stuff is third world counries but remember we rely on them for all sorts.

we'd be doomed

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!