Tech Support Guy banner

THREAT TO TSG: When the oil stops flowing

789 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  firestormer 
#1 ·
What will we do when we do when we run out of oil. we are totaly dependant upon it. its coming soon we just dont want to admit it.

FACT: More energy is used by use every second then light energy hitting the surfaceof the planet every second.

Basicly we are using energy faster then source of all energy can provide it.

THINK > NO ENERGY > NO ELECTRICITY > NO TSG!!!!!

We need a plan. We need to keep TSG going without electricity. Any ideas?:(

#3 ·
We are going to have to go back to the horse and buggy. The farmer is going to be plowing his field with the horse and plow. I guess will be using our bicycles more, and we will be walking more.

OH I'm sorry I didn't read that right. Isn't there enough wind coming down there from Canada. For a wind mill.

#6 ·
Generate electricity by enslaving a race of mutant hamsters to run on turbines. :D.:D

#8 ·
firestormer said:
What will we do when we do when we run out of oil. we are totaly dependant upon it. its coming soon we just dont want to admit it.

FACT: More energy is used by use every second then light energy hitting the surfaceof the planet every second.

Basicly we are using energy faster then source of all energy can provide it.

THINK > NO ENERGY > NO ELECTRICITY > NO TSG!!!!!

We need a plan. We need to keep TSG going without electricity. Any ideas?:(
thought i heard some where more energy from the suns light radiates the earth in one day then we use in one year.

#10 ·
hewee said:
Well the south east always has lots of wind blowing house away so just build windmills all over the place that can stand up to the weather they have and we can get lots and lots of power.
a great alternative energy source Hewee but it is only reccomended for tinkerers because wind mill generated are very high in maintence hours for a little more price and less hassle go for solar collectors with a battery to store. and stay connected to the grid. any extra you generate will go to the power company. then the power company has to pay you:D

here is some links for people

http://shop.altenergystore.com/

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~ptt25660/tran.html

http://www.homepower.com/

it is kinda a dream of mine to have a self suffeciant house both water and energy wise

#11 ·
I asked a Chemisty teacher when reasearching this. (We sail and the same place) He tells me that if we covered the eath in solar panels (ingnoring the fact that we wouldnt have anyware to live) we would still use more enrgy then we could gain from the sun.

but yes there are some great sources of wind about. all we have to do is drop a windmil on Bushes back lawn.

Please lets not turn this into another Bush debate despite the above comment

#12 ·
#14 ·
dont they recon about 30 years.
I hope im still aive then...

And by the way. That attitude of "oh itdosnt matter il be dead by then" is what is causing all the enviromental problems now. That is why the lead concentraion in humans in america has gone up from about 5 somthing to 125 something. (il check the fact later)

That attitude is killing the human spieces and other spicieson this planet.

Imagine if all our power had to come from enewabe sources. look at this!!!!

Worldwide

Dont just say most of the non-renewable stuff is third world counries but remember we rely on them for all sorts.

we'd be doomed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.