1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thumb Drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Tstright, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tstright

Tstright Thread Starter

What are the tools/programs that you would carry on a portable usb drive?:confused:

2. durant125

durant125

sandisk has their U3 drives, which already comes with some programs, then you just download the rest from the U3 website (very easy). I don't like this because the U3 application by itself takes up to much space, I believe around 90mb. So I just download programs by themselves. The few tools I use are avast anti-virus, typefaster typing tutor, gvim text editor, opera web browser/email client. The anti-virus and webrowser I recommend everyone puts on their flash drive where as everything else would be custom tailored.

3. dez_666

dez_666

Well I have the sysinternals suite on my flash drive >_> And I have firefox portable on my iPod.

I also have Nethack (an AWESOME but old d&d style RPG.), and some flash videos. :p

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

5. TechHobbit

TechHobbit

The best software that I've ever carried on my thumbdrive is Ghost. Ghost lets you restore your entire machine, provided that you have a Ghost backup. Sometimes I get a virus that Norton or other programs can't get rid off and so I restore my old Ghost backup. Too bad I've lost my thumbdrive somewhere. Technology helped make my thumbdrive so small... if only tech could make it so that it wasn't so small that it got lost. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/600012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice