1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thumb (Pen) Drive ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cheryl, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

I am thinking about getting a Thumb Drive to cut down on all the CDs and Floppies I keep having to drag out. I use a Dell Inspiron 2500 - Windows XP -Internet Explorer.

What type and size of Thumb drive would you suggest. Also does it come with software to install? I would be using it to back-up "My Documents"/Pictures, etc.

Thank you.

Florida Cheryl

2. Rockn

Rockn

I have 2 128MB pen drives and they work quite well for what I need (transferring web sites, etc.) and they are plug & play in XP and Windows 2000. They just show up as another drive in Windows Explorer. You will need additional drivers if you ever need to use one on a Win98 PC.

3. lemichaelj

lemichaelj

256 mb drives are so cheap check ebay they are unbelieveably cheap there, bought 2 myself and only use one because they hold so much, I hear there are 500 mb but havnt seen them yet, but I have whole programs on my 256 so I dont have to do what you have said drag out cd's. Also friend of mine accidently washed one and found it in the washer, so he let it air dry and it still worked real well after wards dont try that with a floppy or cd! :)

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

Thank you - and I will check E-Bay. Any brand better than others?

5. lemichaelj

lemichaelj

Me and wife both have different brands and they all seem to work just fine. none seem to be better than others. but there seems to be a big price difference in some name brands. especially sony's, but like I said ebay is the place! Have fun with em

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/256251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice