1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thumbnail icons have no names!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Enthoozed, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Enthoozed

Enthoozed Thread Starter

I have a couple of folders that are giving me some grief. If I choose the view>thumbnails option, the folder icons show up, but there are no names beneath them. If I do details, list, or icons, each folder name shows up fine. It only happens with thumbnails and only in a couple of folders under my documents. I'm still playing around with it but can't figure it out.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

If you have the view set to show Thumbnails, do the following:

Open the folder to view the thumbnails. Hold the Shift key down and click on the View button and select Details.

Remove your finger from the Shift key. You should now see the file names.
    Hold the Shift key down and click on the View button and select Thumbnails.
    You should now see the thumbnails with the file names under them.

3. Enthoozed

Enthoozed Thread Starter

It worked great in one of the folders but I tried it in another one and it's still not working.

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

Enthoozed, For the thumbnail folders that still don't have the names first hold down your shift key then open the folder.

Tufenuf

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice