1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thumbnail image not working .mpg files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by elgreco56, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elgreco56

elgreco56 Thread Starter

Hello:

I consider myself a very knowledgeable computer/software user but this has me stumped! Google nor Microsoft's site has not helped.

I have a real problem that I cannot fix and have tried everything I can think of but there must be something I am missing.

I cannot get a thumbnail image of .mpg files. The files show a square image with the top right corner folded down and a film strip in the middle with mpeg on a white back ground. I want all the files in a folder to show themselves as real images.
    The clips/files with .wmv files work great.

If I select the files from this computer on another wireless shared computer I can see the real images as .mpg's.

They are short video clips.

Would you please tell me what to do or send me to some place that can solve this problem.

Regards,

Billy Poulos

[email protected]

2. Carey934

Carey934

Click Start / Run and type
    regsvr32 shmedia.dll

3. elgreco56

elgreco56 Thread Starter

Dear Carey934:

I did what you suggested and by George it worked!

Click Start / Run and type: regsvr32 shmedia.dll

"Thank you very much."

Best Regards,

Billy - elgreco56

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!