1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

thumbnail previews in W98 folders

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ttesteve, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ttesteve

ttesteve Thread Starter

I've recently had problems with which programs are associated with certain image file types. (.GIF, .JPG, .BMP and .TIFF)

After trying and failing to modify the details in Folder Options>File Types, I ended up deleting all the file types in the list and recreating them from new.

As a result, things are now more or less back to normal with the exception that when I now click on a file in a folder (set to 'View as Webpage') I no longer get the preview of the image in the left hand panel of the folder like I used to. All the file details (name, file size, type etc) are displayed as normal at the top of the panel but no preview.

When I click on other file types (eg html files), they display previews as normal. Any ideas what I've missed/done wrong?

Thanks.
    Steve

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. ttesteve

ttesteve Thread Starter

Top Man!!

Thanks for such a quick and successful reply!

Steve.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You're welcome, glad to hear it :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice