1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

thumbnail size in filmstrip view

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vahs, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vahs

vahs Thread Starter

On XP professional , problem is the height of thumbnail pane height size is small and large preview area on filmstrip view.So to check the thumbnails i have to side scroll , seeing either the file name are part of picture in thumbnail.Searched on net ,no where fix for thumbnail size on filmstrip view mentioned,but size adjustment thumbnail on thumbnail view is only mentioned which i am not talking.
    look at the attachment for what i meant.

Any suggestions on correcting registry key about this.
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Right Click There And Select the 'View' As Thumbnails instead of Filmstrips

3. vahs

vahs Thread Starter

Thanks devil,
    I am aware of this option.
    But you misunderstood my question.I want to use the filmstrip view option ,but increase the thumbnail pane height (to see the thumbnail in full size) and reduce the preview area size.
    Basically i want to the thumbnails full view in filmstrip .

4. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

The thumbnail view in windows explorer gives you easy access to a portfolio of images, but the default image size may not be to your liking. To control the thumbnail dimensions, go to

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

Make a new DWORD value named ThumbnailSize. Double click the value and type in a number in DECIMAL anywhere from 32 to 256. Making it smaller will display many more images on the screen for quicker perusual. Its an immediate change by the way, so keep regedit open and mess around...

5. devil_himself

devil_himself

6. vahs

vahs Thread Starter

The Oracle , Thanks for that opition.I had tried out that and did not work.
    It changes the thumbnail size only if you are in thumbanail view but not in filmstrip view.
    where is the registry for the filmstrip view ,if i can change options there about the preview and thumbnail pane size.

7. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

hmmm ... works fine for me with thumbnails AND filmstrip

decimal value 64
    [​IMG]

decimal value 128
    [​IMG]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!