Thumbnails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kirkland

I don't even know how to ask the question, so let me start:
I will make thumbnails of a bunch of photographs. The originals will be .jpg, the thumbs of the priginals will also be .jpg.

Can I do that?
Do I have that wrong?
Should the originals be .bmp (or something else), just as long as they are ~not~ .jpg?
When loading thumbs on a web page, does the web page consider the total amount of bytes in the ~opened~ images, or just that in the thumbs?
Is horizontal/vertical spacing critical with thumbs?

You can do whatever you like. I would stray away from bmp images on a web site because of size. Most people use gif's for thumbnail images, probably because jpgs lose image quality the higher you compress the image. The time it takes to load a web page is determined by the number of elements in it, the size of the images to be loaded and any othr content. The speed for your thumbnails to load is determined by the thumbnail itself, not the image it is linking to. Spacing makes no difference....unless they are off the page of course...LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online