Thumbs.db

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bbsan

What is the 'Thumbs.db' file that is attached to my mpgs?

Thanks

It's the hidden file that 2000/XP uses to keep track of your files in a folder. These are usually hidden files.

Thumbs.db is also in 98 but are in the folders that you made to show the files in the thumbnail view.

Sooky 47

Gone and dearly missed
Can the Thumbs.db be deleted.
When you burn pictures to a cd and the Thumbs file goes also - can it be deleted before a burning of the cd?

(no sense posting another question on this subject) :D :confused:

bbsan

Not at all! I'm sure that'd be my next question, eventually....lol

Sooky 47 said:
Can the Thumbs.db be deleted.
When you burn pictures to a cd and the Thumbs file goes also - can it be deleted before a burning of the cd?

(no sense posting another question on this subject) :D :confused:
I would think so Lu. I have gotten zip files from downloads with the Thumbs.db and they are not any good for me on my PC.
They only have info for how you view images in what ever folder that the Thumbs.db is in. Even after you stop and change how you view the files and no longer view them as thumbnails the Thumbs.db file is still there in that folder and I have deleted them.
If you ever change the way you want to view files in a folder to thumbnails again it will make a new one.
Now I never viewed images on a CD as thumbnails so do not know if it needs the file or not.

Sooky 47

Gone and dearly missed
Thanks for the info hewee & reaba ..... I will give the link a look!

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online