1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thundebird: problem with receiving messages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Darekk1982, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darekk1982

Darekk1982 Thread Starter

It used to be fine but is not any more.

While there are surely new messages on a server (Gmail in particular) Thunderbird doesn't get them. There's sometimes a message at the bottotm : receiving messages (i.e.) 1 of 5 but after a while it stops and no new messages are loaded. I'm sure everything is well configured as it used to work fine until these days.
    Is it b/c there are too many messages on my account?? :(

What's stranger is that sometimes TBird's trying to get 'new' messages which've already been downloaded before. It displays then 'receiving messages 1 of 21' (while only two or three are new!!, not 21!) and sometimes one message is downloaded 30 times at a time!!!

Is there anybody using TBird with the same problem??
    Or sb who's got an idea how to solve it??

I'd appreciate it as this problem's extremely annoying....
    (even more than a shouting wife behind your back :D :D :D )...

And by the way,
    why is TBird so slow??

2. Darekk1982

Darekk1982 Thread Starter

I should've stated it before:
    I've got two mail accounts on my TBird, both of them are Gmail - one like private and one kinda bussineslike... The second one works OK, it receives all messages from the server.
    But the private one doesn't. I got some mails on TBird recently which have already been on a server for a week!! Why is that?? Shall I use two different mail-clients for two differentaccounts?? Or is there a way to fix it??

3. Lena

Lena

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice