Thunderbird Account Invisible

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I just installed Thunderbird, thought I'd give it a try. I have one oddity that I can't figure out.

All my accounts were imported from Eudora, and except for GMAIL, I got them all working. Since GMAIL was being a PITA, I simply deleted it and created a new account. That went OK, but one oddity remains. Even though GMAIL now works, it doesn't appear in the folder view with all the other accounts. I have refreshed, closed it, compacted folders, etc., no joy.

Anyone got an idea why this particular account doesn't show up?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
From some of the reactions I get, I don't think I intimidate anyone. ;)

I actually know about those features, but my issue is that the actual account doesn't show up. It's there, and it even works, but it's not in the folder list. Very strange...

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi JohnWill

:eek: :eek: :eek:

When you created the Gmail account, did you specifiy its own folder or leave the default setting of Local Folders?

:p :p :p

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
EAFiedler said:
Hi JohnWill

:eek: :eek: :eek:

When you created the Gmail account, did you specifiy its own folder or leave the default setting of Local Folders?

:p :p :p
I specified the local folders. The odd thing is GMAIL works, just doesn't show up here. However, all the other accounts are also using the local folders, and they show up in the list. Notice, no GMAIL, but everyone else is home. :confused:

Attachments

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
If you go into the Gmail Account Properties (Server Settings), Advanced button > POP tab
Select: Inbox for this Server's account the folder for Gmail will then appear.

I checked my other accounts that automatically created folders and they had this setting as well, without me changing the default setting of using the Local Folders.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think I got it. :) I don't know why I thought I had the other set differently, I really do have to lay off the sauce when I'm working on computers. :D

OK, how about another TB question.

How do I mark ALL the imported mail as read? I have a bunch of folders that I imported from Eudora, and I'd like to mark them all read, and not have to go through several hundred folders one at a time to mark them. I have filters that move stuff to folders, and when the folder shows up with an unread message, I know there is a new message. So, I have to get them all initialized. :)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
I haven't tried Thunderbird 1.5 yet. With Version 1.0 I don't see anything faster than than manually opening each folder, selecting all messages and marking all As Read.
Sorry, :(

I looked at more than half of the add-ons listed here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/
Maybe something there will work for you.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
That's what I did, couldn't figure any faster way. My next task is to get TB filtering my messages and putting them into the correct folders, it doesn't import Eudora Filters.

Now back up your profiles John.

MozBackup - http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of
Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey,
Mozilla Suite and Netscape profiles.

It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail,
contacts, history, extensions, cache etc.

Supported versions:
* Firefox 1.0 - 2.0 Beta 2
* Thunderbird 1.0 - 2.0 Alpha
* SeaMonkey 1.0a - 1.0.x
* Mozilla Suite 1.7 - 1.7.x
* Netscape 7.x.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
hewee, that's handy, but I think my automated backup of Documents and Settings already gets it. :)

It is very handy John but it will do more then your backup because your be able to pick what parts you want to backup or restore.
See screen shot here. http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/images/eng/04.png

It has it's own file type that is a " .pcv file " but somewhere I read on the backup like this one I have Firefox 1.5.0.9 (en-US) - 2007-01-11.pcv that they are really zip files so you can even rename the file by replacing the .pcv at the end of the file name to .zip and then open it to get what you want from it.
Another great plus is using the backup and installing the program on another computer and then doing a restore. So if you ever did a format or want the very same profile on another PC you get all your setting, bookmarks etc back after doing a new install of the Mozilla program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online