1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thunderbird and junk mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SimaAfrica, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SimaAfrica

SimaAfrica Thread Starter

I use firefox as my default browser and thunderbird for emailing. I have two problems with thunderbird:

1. when I receive a junkmail, I can't press any button to make it junk or spam, nor I can delete it without opening it;

2. thunderbird itself does pick some mails and throws them in its junk or spam folder, in which case I cannot un-junk or un-spam them.

I greatly appreciate any helpful ideas.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you mean the "Junk" button is missing or that it does not work?

Same question for the "Not Junk" button.

3. Oily

Oily

If you highlight,click on, one of your emails in the main part of the window.Then you can mark it as "Junk" by pressing "J", or to mark it as "Not Junk" press "Shift + J"

EDIT: TIP: Also if you go to Account Settings and for each account on the Server Settings page tick the box for "Fetch Headers Only". Then you can delete junk mail without having to download it to your PC

4. SimaAfrica

SimaAfrica Thread Starter

Thank you both: Terry and Oily.

Your comments and questions helped me a lot; it made me probe into the setting, etc. And now I found out that actually if I right click on an email in any folder, then I have the option to move it to either the spam, mialbox, or trash, etc.

Thank you many many times for taking the time.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :) And, thank you. I didn't think of the right click possibilities.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice