1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thunderbird - can't send attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gibby26, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gibby26

gibby26 Thread Starter

I've been using Thunderbird for my e-mail, but can't send simple attachments - Word, Excel, etc. Nothing big or fancy - just small files. Remove the attachment and the e-mail flies out.

I have XP with SP2 and I run the SP2 firewall. I also have AVG running and have Earthlink's Total Access security system running. I tried disabling everything - still wouldn't send the attachments.

Any ideas?

gibby26

2. cambo25

cambo25

WOw, i've been trying to send work related files all day and it seems as though i have the same problem you describe. Simple message just slides right through but any attachment larger than 100kb gets stuck. I too use the thunderbird program and have had no prior problems with it. I also have outlook 2002 and even went to the trouble of setting up a new email account with my ISP. None of that helped. Could you please tell me what you found was wrong with your system and how you solved it????? my email address is [email protected]. Thanks

3. gibby26

gibby26 Thread Starter

After talking at length with my ISP (Earthlink), I finally got my outgoing e/m server settings correct. You wouldn't think it would be that hard, but after those settings were set correctly all attachments have gone just fine.

Odd that regular e/m would send just fine, and I could receive attachments. But outgoing attachments wouldn't go until I got the settings right. That was about a month ago, and everything has been fine since.

I really like Thunderbird. It has a great memory for junk mail and filters out the big majority of those before they get thru. I also like Mozilla browser better than Explorer.

Hope this helps -

gibby26

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice