1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

thunderbird forwarding problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by higginsbl, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

I have Thunderbird 3.0.4 on a windows XP machine as an upgrade from version 2. When I try to forward and e-mail nothing strange happens. However, I installed Thunderbird 3.0.4 on a friend's machine with windows 7. Whenever he hits the forward button the message source code appears in the e-mail. He can erase it from in there by hand (which is annoying). How do we make it stop showing the message source? (sending or replying does not have this problem).

Thanks for helping.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What do you mean by "message source code"?
    If you can, post a screen shot of some.

3. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

in the menu go to VIEW/MESSAGE SOURCE and you will see it. I'd rather not post a real one for fear that I could be posting some personal information about a recipient of sender. You can CHOOSE to see this information under normal circumstances, but in this case the forward button is turning this option on and embedding the information as part of the message.

Does that help?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    NO, as I do not use TB.
    It sounds like it is set to send out only "Plain text" and you are seeing the HTML code.

But without a screenshot one is not sure what you are asking about.

5. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

Yes, it is similar to the html source code of a web page. But it is only showing up when he hits the forwarding button, though you can choose to see it in any completed e-mail.

6. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

If anyone else is having this problem, go to VIEW in the main menu (not the little menu when you're actually typing an e-mal) go to HEADERS and make sure it is checked for NORMAL. That should do it! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice