1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thunderbird - multiple gmail account problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by namibobo, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namibobo

namibobo Thread Starter

I have 4 gmail and one ISP email accounts operating with Mozilla Thunderbird. I use my cell phone as a modem with GSM or 3G connection. I get totally confused with multiple messages - unable to send connection timed out, unable to send to sent folders. Mails in outbox can remain for days without my being able to send. Sometimes unable to save as draft. Result - I don't know whether messages have been sent or not. Sometimes lose messages completely. Read incoming messages may be recieved two or three times before being finally marked as read - even when I mark them as read!
    The problems may be with our 'third world' connections but I believe that there are problems with Thunderbird. Has anyone had the same problem? More importantly, what is the solution - apart from going back to Outlook or handling each gmail account separately via google. Reluctant to do that since I only established multiple accounts because of Thunderbird's ability to use common boxes.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have multiple accounts on google and other ISPs
    4 gmail accounts
    1 main ISP account
    1 account here
    2 for my own domain

so thats - 8 accounts all using thunderbird and I use message filters to manage the accounts

And dont have the issues you seem to be having, so it maybe the ISP

i'm using version 3.1.2, hope that helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice