1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thunderbird - No incoming messages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Deedledum, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deedledum

Deedledum Thread Starter

Hello As far as I can tell, I SEEM to have configured my Thunderbird Email account correctly, although I cannot figure why I can send mails but am not receiving any? No obvious error messages any where either. Been in file menu and used 'get mail' button too.

Am linking to a business email software account. I have been sent all the POP/ SMTP and port info. All inputted to 'Settings'

Hope someone can help
    Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Is there any other computer set to receive e-mails on that same account? If so, it may have its POP3 options set to remove the incoming messages from the server as soon as it downloads them.

3. Deedledum

Deedledum Thread Starter

No. no other computer. I did set up an account under a different name first, but dleted that account. Thanks anyway...Any other ideas?

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

If you wish, I can send you a private message through this site with my gmail address and you can send me a test message to it. I will then reply and see if I get any error sending or a bounce back of the reply.

5. Deedledum

Deedledum Thread Starter

OK thanks

6. robert930

robert930

Just recheck your username and pass and pop3 of course...also try sending mail it to yourself that way you can quickly check what might have been the problem...
    Also check security settings( receiving mails part ) in your Thunderbird account

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029081