1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ThunderBird Spam Filter

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Orbital75, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orbital75

Orbital75 Thread Starter

Apr 13, 2006
    I've been using ThunderBird since the beginning of time and have loved the program. I do have an issue that has popped up that maybe you guys can help me out with. Ok, lets get to the issue.

Just recently I formatted my PC but wanted to keep my old mail. I had read that you can save the Mail folder located at :

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\

This will save all your old mail / Filter Setting / Subfolders / Ect. After you install Thunderbird you can just overwrite the default mail folder and replace it with the Mail Folder you save. Everything works fine and all my mail, Filters & Sub-Folders are just as they were before I formatted the PC.

The Problem:
    It seems now everytime I get Spam, it moves it to the Junk folder just as I configured it to but for some reason it marks it as read during the move. Before it would be labeled as Unread after the move to the junk folder. From what I have heard some Spam is intelligent and can send a " I've been open " back to the sender via an HTML Link. I'm not sure if automatically marking it as read will do this. I never open spam, I just hit the Junk Button at the top and send it to my Junk Folder. Any ideas how to switch it back to it not showing as read.
    I'm using ThunderBird ver.

Thanks guys........
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/462935