1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tech.jk, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tech.jk

tech.jk Thread Starter

hey,
    i just want to export ALL of my messages to Microsoft Outlook, but it's currently not letting me. i need to do this asap. i'm using thunderbird 2.0. thanks:mad:

2. 1stoptek

1stoptek

I might need a little more information about how Outlook isn't letting you export, but just in case, here it goes.

In Outlook, go to File, the Import and Export, choose export to a file, the type of file should be .csv and you should export your Personal Folders with the subcategories checked. I'm not sure which very of Outlook you're using for the correct exact instructions but this should help.

If Outlook just isn't exporting at all, then I would use the Detect and Repair feature under Help in most versions then try again.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

You have to go through an intermediary such as Outlook Express (Mail will not do it) or a conversion utility or resend them all, I suppose.

I used Transend, not free (about $50), but it worked perfectly.

4. tech.jk

tech.jk Thread Starter

Just to let you know, i'm going FROM Thunderbird, TO Microsoft Outlook. I'm actually looking for a free way to do this

5. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

I understood that. If you have access to Outlook Express (not Windows Mail) you can do it for free.

6. tech.jk

tech.jk Thread Starter

hmmmm...but i don't have outlook express...is there anywhere where i can download it?

7. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

You might be able to find it on an XP machine you may still have and are no longer using.

I Googled and found these two that might help: thing one and thing two

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice