Thunderbird

romeohotel

Robin
After a restart on my windows 10 pc I noticed that the icon was missing from the taskbar. I wasn't too worried as this has happened before. I have always restored it from taskbar search. But this time it has gone completely. Win+R cant find it. I have also today reinstalled Firefox as I was having problems with that. I wonder if that is relevant? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Robin.

DakBai

Dak
Does it appear in 'Programs & Features?' Or does reinstalling it help? Maybe it was removed from the 'Startup' folder or the 'Start Menu' folder...

romeohotel

Robin
Hi Dak, overnight I did a system restore and the thunderbird icon is back on the taskbar. However, clicking the icon now produces this message "Coudn't load XPCOM"
A few years ago I did a reinstall of Thunderbird and I lost all my archived mail.
Your help is appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online